Honest Soap, made the way nature intended, handmade with only the best naturally fresh ingredients
- We formulate and manufacture soap from scratch in small batches. Our handmade soaps comprise a blend of nourishing base oils, pure essential oils, Shea butter and natural enhancements. By doing this, we provide you with the finest quality each ingredient has to offer.
- We make “cold-process soap”, a technique that combines a proportion of lye and water to base vegetable oils. Subsequently, once cured, only pure soap remains.
- We do not use chemicals, detergents or petroleum-derived oils in any of our soaps.
- All our handmade soaps come in a bath bar, full brick and half-brick. Also, we make a smaller round and a travel tin for many of the soaps. And we also make a few of the scents available as a liquid soap in a plastic bottle with foam pump.
- Be aware that due to the nature of handmade soap, hues and swirls may vary slightly from one batch to another.
- Our handmade soaps are manufactured with natural ingredients that possess natural properties. However, Honest Soap Co. LLC makes no claim of cosmetic, healing or medicinal benefits of any kind by any of its handcrafted products.
Properties of Base Oils, Essential Oils and Enhancements
Sweet Almond Oil provides moisture to the skin and makes a stable lather.
Castor Oil, Coconut Oil and Palm Kernel Oil attract and hold moisture in the skin. When mixed with other vegetable oils, they produce a hard bar of soap and abundant lather. See extended post on Coconut Oil for Soap Making.
Grapeseed Oil quickly absorbs into the skin and will not leave an oily feeling. Also, this oil contains Vitamin E.
Olive Oil is a superior oil for use in all soaps. That is, it helps maintain the skin’s natural moisture.
Palm Oil produces a mild, hard bar of soap that cleans well.
Sunflower Oil contains Vitamin E and is a natural preservative.
Aloe is a substance extracted from a plant related to cactus and agave and contains soothing properties to the skin.
Shea Butter is a natural oil that leaves a very small amount of oil in the soap.
Glycerin allows for easier blending of all ingredients. It is a humectant, which draws moisture from the air and keeps the soap moist.
Grapefruit Seed Extract is an antiseptic, antioxidant and a natural preservative.
Agave is a substance extracted from the wild agave plant, which retains its moisturizing properties.
Jojoba Exfoliant Beads and Oatmeal are both natural exfoliants.
Essential Oils are distilled directly from botanicals. (For external use only. Dilution is advised for sensitive skin.)